Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Sound of Rain, by Anita Stansfield

My favorite author has always been, and still is, Anita Stansfield. I've had several opportunities to meet her and have her sign my books. They are simple reads, usually with twists and turns you don't see coming.

The Sound of Rain is the 1st book in a trilogy. Of course, I wish I could wait to read this one because now I can't wait for the next 2 books to come out!(It's a trilogy series) I don't know if the library has copies of this yet. I always purchase all of Anita's books, with my 25% coupon and platinum membership at Deseret Book and get her books for around $7-9.

The Sound of Rain is about Jayson Wolfe who is an incredibly talented musician. He moves to Oregon with his Mom and Brother, meets his best friend, of course a girl, and expands his talent in music. This book had me laughing out loud, crying, anxious and many other emotions. I couldn't put it down. I totally recommend it! Below is a link to Anita's website where there is a complete list of all the books she's written. The library carries most of them.


http://www.anitastansfield.com/

3 comments:

Mindi said...

I am currently reading this and will let you know...so far so good.

Tim "n" Tracy McMillan (TNT McMillan) said...

I know I should probably comment on the books you blog about, but I haven't read them. I know that Tracy liked Breaking Dawn and really enjoyed it. I recently read Brisinger, the third installment of the Eragon books by Christopher Paolini. I loved it! I think that anyone who likes, The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, or Harry Potter will really enjoy the Inheritance series, Eragon, Eldest, and Brisinger, and I'm sure that book four will be great when it comes out.

mindi said...

I loved this book, I was sad as I was getting to the end and realized the it was part of a series and I wasn't going to be able to finish it up. I agree with what Cara says. BTW should we make this blog private?