Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Host, by Stephenie Meyer

I finished reading the Host and LOVED it. Which shocks me, since I didn't know how I'd feel about aliens using humans as their host bodies. However, I fell in love with Melanie....and some others that I won't name so I don't ruin it for anyone. And the aliens are actually a very pleasant, happy, non violent group. The Host gripped me and I read it in a few days (staying up until the wee hours of the morning). In the beginning I did have to kind of see through the sci-fi part and focus on the story, and then it took off for me.

I hadn't heard great things about this book, so it made me even more skeptical. I'm happy to say that I totally loved it, will read it again and totally recommend it.

Now on to Breaking Dawn.....my poor, neglected family and house and everything!

Cara

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I too was hesitant to read The Host, but once I started I really enjoyed it. I like how Stephenie Meyer make sci-fi seem less weird, and more ordinary.