Saturday, March 7, 2009

A few books I've read and liked

So I've totally slacked on posting the good books I have read. I put them on my blog then forget to put them here. So here's what I've read since Jan. 1st, 2009. I will put little side notes next to them.

  • The Great and the Terrible, Volume 1 Prolouge The Brothers by Chris Stewart I started this series 2 nights ago and already have read this book and half of book 2. I can't put them down. It gets you thinking. I think you'll either love them or hate them. It's written simply, easy to follow, easy to read.
  • It's Okay to Take a Nap, Debra Sansing Woods
  • A Candle at the Window, Michele Bell Another sweet short story from Deseret Book.
  • Winds of Hope, Anita Stansfield This is the next book in the Jason Wolfe saga. It has hope in the title for a reason. It for sure helps make up for all the things that happened in book 2. Book one is The Sound of Rain, 2 is A Distant Thunder and Winds of Hope is #3. Book 4 should be coming out soon...the final book...can't wait!
  • Recovering Charles, Jason F. Wright The story was based around hurricane Katrina, a son who wants nothing to do with his dead beat Dad, and all that the son learns while trying to recover Charles, his Dad. It was ok to read once for me.
  • Eyes of a Stranger, Rachel Ann Nunes This was interesting....I liked it.
  • Promises to Keep: Diane's Story, Dean Hughes A good one to read once.
  • Beloved Emma, Lori E Woodland I loved this book. I love anything about Joseph Smith, but this gave a little more insight to what Emma had to go through being the wife of the prophet. What an AMAZING woman. It did have details of Joseph...because they were so close. I recommend this book to everyone.
  • It's Okay to Take a Nap, Debra Sansing Woods As you can see, I've read this one twice. It's an easy reader, filled with helps from getting good sleep, teaching our children, and taking care of ourselves. I enjoyed it.
  • A Candle at the Window, Michele Bell This is a short book from Deseret Book that came out at Christmas time. It was a simple, cute story.

1 comment:

mindi said...

Thanks for posts Cara, I will have to read some of these.